Sunday, February 27, 2011

Boots Boots Boots!

I love boots. Always have. But so far, I've only got a pair of brown leather ankle boots with some faux fur trimmings on the top. I know I know, I've a friggin long way to go in my boots collection. But hey, better splurge when you've got your own money. That way I won't feel so awful about spending my parent's income. I'm the kind of gurl who feels stabs of guilt everytime I purchase something more expensive than my usual budget. This especially applies to more high ended brands like M.A.C. Gods knows how much I lust after them but I have to refrain myself now. Well, at least I know what products to buy next time...and let me tell you, the list is very, VERY long.

Alright, back to BOOTS! Sorry about the ramblings but I do have a tendency to veer off track.So now, I'm seriously lusting and drooling over knee-length boots. I'm thinking of a sweet light brown or pure black ones with a touch of velvet. Celebs do it all the time and I love how some of them pull of the look with ease. My favourite way of pairing boots is to tuck them into skinny jeans. A simple but chic way to add the little omph into your style.


I also love pairing knee-length boots with dresses. I adore how this creates a sweet but edgy look. You can pair it with fierce eyes or you can opt for a more subtle look. It's totally up to the individual. For dresses, I'd go for black boots with a LBD. I love black. God knows how many black clothes are there in my closet. I just love the way they make you appear slimmer instantly. Anyway, for examples of black boots with LBDs, I'm crazy over Khloe Kardashian's look at her sister's (Kim) birthday party.



If you aren't sure who Khloe is, she's the one in the middle. Fabulous! I love love love how she carries off this look. She looks tres chic here. Khloe chose well. It's a simple LBD but the vertical strips on the dress creates an image of a slimmer figure (not that she needs to be thinner). The black clincher also ensures an hourglass shape. All in all, the dress hugs her curves beautifully. And the BOOTS! I can't get enough of it. I want those boots. I NEED them! Here's a closer shot.


I'm a person who worships details. And I love how these boots are accessorized with the gold rings at the ankles. It makes a difference to the otherwise all black boots. It is unique and it instantly stands out. Boots are so easy to pair with dresses. They add instant glamour and offer a sleek look to the outfit.


I will stop screaming now and tell myself mentally that I WILL get those boots someday. Someday.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous dahling! Lets go bonkers and get ourselves some bee-yoo-tiful boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey! Yay for your first post! Continue writing about your fab stuff! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan: Hahaha yeah one day will definitely get them <3

    Renjie: Aww thanks dahlin! *muah muah*

    ReplyDelete