Monday, February 28, 2011

Review of 88 Palette


Gone are the days where I watch a makeup tutorial and go "Damn! I don't have those colors!" I won't be doing that anymore cos I now have this fantastic palette. I get so friggin happy simply by looking at this baby. I know, I have gone bonkers but who cares? I absolutely love how colorful and cheerful they are. As you can see, it provides me with literally every color under the sun! I have my favorite browns, pinks, purples, blues...They are all super gorgeous colors. This palette was a birthday present from a group of lovely gals (you know who you are) *muah muah!!!*

My dear friends apparently knew how much I was lusting and craving for it. I have posted numerous rants and wails about wanting this palette on Facebook over a period of time. So imagine my great shock and happiness when I unwrapped the present and held IT in my hands. I can tell you, it was nothing short of banshee shrieking. Finally finally finally! And the sweetest thing was, those gals actually had to get this online as there are no stores selling this anywhere near us. Thank you so much darlings!

This palette reminds me so much of the Coastal Scents 88 palette. Apparently, it is the same product except that this was obtained directly from the supplier. Hence, there is no brand or watsoever on it. The palette comes in both matte and shimmer colors. The pigmentation is reasonably good but for some colors, especially the lighter ones, you have to pack the color on. Not a problem for me though. I adore how this palatte provides me a range of light, medium and dark colors. It is a great product for those who are venturing into makeup. With this baby, you do not ever need to worry about running out of colors! So far, I have used it to create a dramatic smokey grey look, a simple brown look, a color Peacock Arabic look, used the darkest purple to line my lower lashline and used the various highlighters for my browbone. Countless of other looks coming up. I love it!

It took me only two swipes to achieve the swatches below. You can always build up the colors until they are to your liking.


This is a fabulous product for those who do not want to spend too much on eye-shadows. It offers you all the colors you can think of. A good bargain indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment