Monday, May 9, 2011

Benefit Erase Paste Review

Concealers are my BFFs. I cannot stress enough how important they are to me. Truth to be told, I am a gal with uber dark under eye circles. Like seriously...I can't leave the house without concealer on, especially when I am wearing contacts. I really have no idea how my dark circles got so...well horrific. May be it's the countless late nights up or the stress. But as far as I can remember, they have always been one of my greatest flaws. One that I cannot seem to get rid off.

I did mention in a previous post that I had some kind of voucher and that I was eager to choose from several things - Shu Uemura 24K Gold Lash Curler, Shu Uemura Lipstick and Benefit's Confessions of a Concealaholic set. I opted for concealer in the end. As it turned out, I came up with a list of concealers instead, partly because investing in a good concealer seemed like a wiser choice. I browsed through the internet and narrowed down my choices to:

1) Benefit's Erase Paste
2) Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer Kit
3) Shu Uemura Pro Spot Concealer
I tested all three products at their respective counters. Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer did not live up to my expectations. The assistant scooped a huge dollop of the product and smeared it under my eye. I was without glasses and therefore was as blind as a bat. It was my sister who saw the astounding amount which she applied. As a result, my under eye area looked rather cakey. It also felt heavy against my skin. I supposed if applied in moderate amounts, it should be fine. But, it did not cover as well as I thought. Honestly, I was quite disappointed as I had high hopes for this concealer. Shu Uemura's Pro Spot Concealer gave relatively good coverage but it came in a tiny bottle. For its price, I did not think that it was worth it. By the end of my quest, I found myself deeply in love with Benefit's Erase Paste.

THE WINNER:
I have always adored Benefit's creative and ultra chic packagings. The Erase Paste comes in this cute purple box. It promises "a concentrated cream formula that helps to conceal and brighten dark circles, discolouration and imperfections." It also claims that "signs of stress and fatigue are a thing of the past with this innovative formula." This concealer comes in a jar like this.
It also comes with a plastic spatula which can be used to scrape up the product. For gals who emphasize a lot on hygiene, this spatula comes in handy.
Other than that, this concealer offers a Concealing and Brightening guide.This leaflet suggests some useful tips on how to apply the product effectively.
I got mine in Medium which is a lovely salmon-beige shade.
Honestly, I am really happy with the results that this concealer gives me. It has a creamy texture and applies smoothly on my skin. Most importantly, it gives wonderful coverage. My dark under eye circles are significantly diminished. As a result, my under eye area looks brighter and I, in turn, look more refreshed! I have read reviews that this concealer fades after a while and that you'd have to reapply it every few hours or so. Thankfully, I have not encountered this problem. The concealer stays on all day long. It neither creases nor does it cause my mascara or eye-liner to smudge.

I guess it all boils down to the individual. It depends on your skin type as well. I also read that apparently, this product does not work very well for those who have wrinkles, fine lines or dry skin at the under eye area. This is because it is rather thick in texture. Yet, I cannot testify to this fact as I do not have any of the listed characteristics.

Another thing that I absolutely love about the Erase Paste concealer is the fact that it is so concentrated. Thus, you only need to use a tiny amount to cover your dark circles. I usually apply three small dots under each eye and then blend them out. As you can see in the picture above, there is a little part which has been used on the surface. Can you guess how many times I have used this concealer?

The answer?

THREE TIMES!


Personally, I think that this concealer is awfully worth it. It is so opaque that you only need a small amount for it to work. A little does go a long way. And it will probably last forever...Benefit's Erase Paste is definitely a product which I will purchase again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment