Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Celebrity Inspiration: Leighton Meester

Is it coincidence or it so happens that I love the gals of Gossip Girl (except Taylor Momsen)? First it was Blake Lively. And now, it is Leighton Meester. I don't even watch the series because it is not my cup of tea. Yet, I am drawn to these gurls because of their fabulous sense of fashion. It is amazing how they frequently steal the spotlight during red carpet events. But enough about Blake now. It's going to be all about Leighton in this post.

I have always noticed her on the red carpet. Although I think that Blake beats her in terms of elegance, I feel that Leighton has developed her own unique sense of style. I actually find her refreshingly versatile and not boring like some celebs who stick to the same style over and over again.What I love about Leighton is that she is a fashion daredevil. She is bold, daring and adventurous. You can tell that she loves experimenting with different looks and she is not afraid to make a fashion statement. Despite some misses, there were plenty of hits as well. Her exploratory nature has enabled her to successfully establish an identity for herself in Hollywood and the fashion world.

I also love how flexible Leighton is. She can look girly in one gown and tough as nails in another. Personally, I think she looks best when she wears that elegant-but-injected-with-a-hint-of-sweetness look. I went over numerous of photos of her clad in different gowns /dresses for various events and narrowed down a list of ten of my favorites.

10) Louis Vuitton 

9) Prabal Gurung

8) Louis Vuitton Resort 2010

7) Nina Ricci

6) Emilio Pucci
 
5) Marc Jacobs

4) Bottega Venetta

3) Versus

2) Michael Kors

1) Burberry
Now you see why I love her? This fashionista really has a knack of carrying off different looks. The Burberry gown above particularly stole my breath away. Leighton was an epitome of elegance and  gave Blake a run for her money in this stunning high neckline, long sleeved outfit. It fits her like a glove and she looks utterly beautiful. Here, she proved that one does not need to reveal excessive skin to be sexy. I also applaud her choice of glittery heels to go with her soft neutral-colored gown. This gives an extra boost to the overall look. Perfect makeup, gorgeous curls and appropriate accessories...This gurl is meant for stardom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment