Friday, May 20, 2011

Review: Lancome Ombre Absolue Palette

Aren't eye-shadow quads just a delight? I always prefer buying quads to individual shades because with one quad, you get four colours in a jiffy. For now, I am head over heels in love with Lancome's Ombre Absolue Palette Radiant Smoothing Eye-Shadow Quad. Never mind its long-winded name, this quad is amazing. I got mine in F25 Neo Chic.
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that I am all about nude shades eh? Anyway, there are four shades in this quad - a lovely cream, a sweet baby pink, a gorgeous taupe and a rich dark brown. The cream and baby pink shades contain light reflecting pigments, meaning that they are shimmery. The taupe is matte whereas the dark brown shade has a matte but nice sheeny finish. I cannot stop drooling over how beautiful these shades are. Here is a close up.
For such an exorbitant price *splutters*, this Lancome palette does live up to my expectations. The shadows are of great quality and the pigmentation is excellent. They are neither flaky nor do they result in that horrid chalk-like appearance. Instead, they give you a beauiful polished finish, stay on very well and do not cause nasty fallouts. Its quality surpasses any of the drugstore eye-shadows I have used so far. This is of course expected of a well-established and renowned cosmectic line.

The different shades of shadows allow you to create both subtle and dramatic looks. I love how I can transform an every day natural look into a more dramatic look without much of a hassle. All I have to do is add some of the dark brown shade at the outer V of my eyes to get that gorgeous smokey brown effect. You only need a small amount though because the pigmentation is that awesome. Here are the swatches of each shade. My apologies for the poor lighting :(

From left: Dark Brown, Taupe, Baby Pink and Cream
Personally, I love using this palette for a summery fresh look. I just dab some of the pink on the first half of my lid and cover the remaining area with the taupe. For more dimension and depth, I add just a tiny bit of the rich brown at the outer corner and bring it down to lower lash line, stopping half way. This is the look which I love best. It is simple and not overly done with just a hint of colour. Perfect for a casual day out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment