Just a random post because I am feeling friggin bored. I have been listening to lots of songs lately. Some the latest and some dating a while back. But there is one which I keep replaying obsessively on my iphone ---- Taylor Swift's "Mean."
I have always been a mega fan of Taylor. I personally think that she is an amazing and talented singer. And not only does she sings well, this songbird is a fantastic fashionista too! If you were to notice, Taylor has an uncanny ability to shine constantly on the red carpet. Her dresses never fail to leave me in awe. She has awfully good taste and often opts for sparkly pieces. I feel that it is apt because it reflects her sweet and youthful nature! There is an elegant air about this blonde beauty too.
Music wise, most of her hits are still on my favorite list. I was utterly captivated by "Love Story." It is the perfect song for a romantic date - Romeo and Juliet style. And then there were hits like "You Belong With Me", "Fifteen", "Today Was A Fairy Tale", "Back To December" and "Mine." It is safe to say that I am in love with all of her songs. I am such a hopeless fan of this genre: romantic and sweet.
"Mean" is a little different from her typical songs. It addresses the issue of bullying. She sings of how the bullies will never get to her and that she will emerge victorious in the end. Someday I'll be living in a big old city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean. Love it! It sends an important message urging us to be strong, to be ourselves and that we should never cave in to the mean people around us.
Finally, I also love Taylor for her maturity and determination to stay out of trouble. She is one of the few rare gems that have not caused a scandal so far. Not many young celebrities can achieve that. Take Miley Cyrus for instant. Granted, it is not easy to be a role model in the Hollywood industry, not when you are super rich and famous. But Taylor succeeds in doing that. She is a true star! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment