It is funny how I have never tried Etude House's lipsticks before. I have raided the store countless of times but each time, I'd be busy scavanging for their nail polishes, facial masks or bronzer/blush range. I went to Etude House recently and they were having mega sales. As mentioned in an earlier post, they had up to 50% off some items! That is really ridiculously tempting for a person like me.
Then I spotted the lipstick, picked it up, did a swatch and promptly fell in love with the color. It is called the Code B Dear Darling Firming Lips lipstick. I got mine in BR301 which is this gorgeous beige color.This lippie comes in a pretty packaging. It kinda reminds me of their nail polishes! The cap is identical!
Under normal lighting, the lipstick is actually more of a beige color. But like the tone caught on camera, it has a tint of baby pink when applied to the lips. I absolutely love nude shades like this! They are so versatile and really easy to wear. You don't have to crack your head thinking whether it suits you. Here is a swatch.
What I love about this lipstick is that it is not drying. It has a moisturizing effect, which is great for me since I have dry lips. Its texture is not totally matte.Your lips will look a tad sheeny when you apply it. This is good as it makes your lips appear plumper! *thinks Angelina Jolie* Ha ha.
I also love it because it goes on smoothly. You can pack on the color, I usually go for two layers. I like to pat the lipstick on to my lips because I find that it creases when I don't :( My lips rebel that way. It doesn't matter what lipstick I put on, be it M.A.C or Rimmel, it always creases when I slather on a significant amount. The only way to get rid of them is to pat the product on.
Anyway, if you are wondering what it looks like on the lips, here is a picture.
It kinda reminds me of M.A.C's plink! but the pinkish hue is not that intense. It is subtle, sweet and girly, just the way I want my lipsticks to be! This lippie is priced at RM35.90. But I got it at RM17.95 because it was 50% off! Thus, I will say that it was a friggin steal :)




No comments:
Post a Comment