Imagine this scenario. You are in the airport, striding in to the security check area and suddenly the officer in charge holds up a bottle of your precious skin care product and says "Ma'am, you can't take this with you. It's over 100ml." Well this happened, unfortunately, to my aunt and that bottle was a SKII product. I cannot imagine her despair. I was on a trip overseas recently and thank God I was armed with the appropriate knowledge - that liquids and creams are strictly limited to 100ml. Thus, I worked up a storm, planning which moisturizer(s) to bring, a wee bit of water...then I came to makeup remover. The problem was, I had a whole new bottle of it. Liquid form and brand new. That is when I decided to try a product which I have not experimented before - Biore Makeup Remover wipes!
I had read about this in some blog and it has been given raving reviews. So I thought, why not? And now, I can't tell you how much I love this product. Basically, it comes in a plastic packaging and there is this seal where you have to pry open to get to the wipes. These wipes are wet to the touch, kinda like baby wipes! There are 48 pieces in this packaging and it is priced at RM 25.90. There is another packaging which provides an air tight box. However, it is slightly more expensive, retailing at RM 32.90. I went for the cheaper one because I figured I had my own air-tight box to keep this baby.
These wipes are awesome because they contain a smooth cleaning oil that gently removes makeup, even waterproof ones. Best of all, it is alcohol free and suitable for all skin types. It promises that your skin would feel soft and fresh after using these wipes. I decided to try it out prior to the trip as I was worried that it might cause irritation to my skin, won't remove stubborn makeup etc...So imagine my delight when every thing worked out wonderfully. The wipes removed every bit of my makeup, including my waterproof eyeliner and mascara. It is as if the makeup just absorbs into the wipes. I am not lying, see?
Okay so the picture is kinda gross but I needed to show you some sort of proof! Another thing that I love about the Biore wipes is that they do not irritate my eyes at all. I could not help comparing it with my Maybelline makeup remover which usually causes some tingly irritation when I use it on my eyes. So this advantage deserves huge praise.
There was also one incident after the trip which made these wipes all the more precious to me. I was waiting in the airport, back after a 12 hour flight and I was not looking my best. My makeup had smudged and creased, my face was greasy and I felt every single bit like a hag. The thing was, I would be heading straight to my relative's house after that. Without a shower, without a change of clothes. I could not imagine appearing before them in that unspeakable state...
And then, Jan came up with this brilliant idea of cleaning our faces with the Biore wipes. So we took the chance. Every single thing came off, straight down to the god-awful oil! We were super amazed to discover that our faces felt so much fresher and softer and thoroughly clean. It was as if we had washed our faces with a proper cleanser! A few moments of applying makeup and we were as good as new. This is definitely a product which I would re-purchase. You can find the Biore Makeup Remover wipes at any Watson's or Guardian outlets.



No comments:
Post a Comment