Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bright Bold Colors

Imagine a land where everything is either grey, black or white. Wouldn't that be boring and sad? Sometimes, a splash of color is needed to brighten up our lives. The same applies to the red carpet. It would bore me to tears to see almost every celeb dressed in similar safe black dresses. I like loud and happy colors. Thus, I always keep an eye for celebs who venture into more adventurous pastures. I love celebs who play around with colors. It just brings out more personality. It adds that extra vibe to them.

Black is no doubt a safe color as it compliments every figure. It is a favorite among celebs and I don't blame them for choosing that. Heck, I'd go for black too just to appear slimmer. Yet, it is nice to see something livelier on the red carpet. Something more fun. I particularly applaud celebrities who opt for bright neon colors and nail the look effortlessly without looking tacky. Here are a few gorgeous examples.

You have the flirty pinks....
Rose McGowan in Issa

Nicole Scherzinger in Boss Black

The beautiful blues....
Heidi Klum in Michael Kors
Liv Tyler in Stella McCartney

The natural greens....
Taylor Swift in Miu Miu

Emma Roberts in Amanda Uprichard

The royal purples....
Katy Perry in Miu Miu
Kate Middleton in Issa

And the punchy yellows....
Jamie Chung in Giambattista Valli
Angelina Jolie in Ungaro
Aren't they just wonderful? Bright colors exude a sense of cheerfulness which black tends to lack. They are exhilirating and playful, often adding an interesting detail to otherwise mundane outfits. For older celebs like Angelina, colors like yellow give her a more youthful appeal. She seems less uptight here. It also adds a burst of energy to the overall look. The sun definitely loves this woman. She looks absolutely radiant! *splutters with envy*

We are blessed with a whole spectrum of colors in this world. It would be a shame to make use of only a handful of them. So cast off your inhibitions, pick a bright color that complements you and strut your stuff! Remember, confidence is key :)

No comments:

Post a Comment