I love the concept of cream shadows. I love how I can slather them on to my eyes and not worry about fallouts. I love how they can intensify the vividness of the eye shadows which I heap on after that. The only thing about cream shadows that bothers me is their tendency to crease. I have horrible oily lids so I think it will crease pretty fast. That's such a downer. I really should invest in a good primer soon. I'm thinking The Face Shop's face primer. Maybe I should purchase that after I get my pay check.
Anyways, today's review is going to be about Clinique's Quick Eyes Cream Shadow. I didn't actually buy this product. It is a sample which my aunt got after purchasing the set of skincare products. When she got it, she was like "What is this???", so she gave it to my Mum. And Mum, knowing how obsessed her daughter is with makeup, handed it to yours truly. I was uber excited. I'll tell you why. First of all, the shadow is a gorgeous light coppery color. You people know how much I love neutral earthly tones. Nude shades are so versatile! Second, this was literally my first cream shadow. I know, I have such a long way to go. But one step at a time. Here's how it looks like.
Ugh...the lighting is awful :( It is actually lighter in real life. This cream shadow comes in a tube with an applicator and goes by the name of Lucky Penny. It is this lovely shimmering (almost metallic) coppery shade. When applied on the lids, it looks rather subtle but you can pack it on to increase the intensity of the color (not more than three layers though!). It is extremely wearable, great for those who want a simple look. Here is a swatch.
As you can see, it's not as dark as the first picture portrays it to be. I usually apply this cream shadow on my lids as a base and top it off with other brown or pink shades. The colors look more vibrant that way. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I'd apply the cream shadow by itself. It provides just a hint of color which I love and it effectively brightens up my eyes. Subtlety can go a long way darlings.
This shadow glides on and blends pretty easily. I like to use my fingers as the warmth from it would melt the shadow a wee bit, resulting in easier application. It feels creamy and smooth, not overly thick in texture, just the way a cream shadow of good quality ought to be. Love it! It is also surprisingly long-lasting. Given my oily lids which are probably oily enough to fry eggs (okay, I'm exaggerating), I had expected it to crease within two hours. So I was delighted to discover that it only started creasing slightly after five solid hours.
Yet, there are two things which do not appeal about this product. To start off with, there's the price. I'm not exactly sure how much the actual shadow costs since what I got was a sample. But it is Clinique after all, so you can kind of expect it to be pricey. The second thing would be the smell. I don't know but it reminds me of a certain mascara. To be honest, I don't really favor it. It does, however, hold a whiff of chocolate scent.
To sum it up, Clinique's Quick Eyes Cream Shadow would be a great investment for those of you who can afford it and those who want a quick and easy way to spruce up your eyes :)


No comments:
Post a Comment