Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Loreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel

If I were forced to pick only one item from my skincare products (apart from cleanser), I'd pick moisturizer. I will do that without a moment of hesitation. Moisturizers are simply a must have for me. With the awful hot climate and recent haze, my skin is acting up more than ever. Cracking and peeling skin are one of my pet peeves. I just abhor how it gives me that reptile-y look. My fingers itch every time I see my skin peeling. Thus, I always make sure that my face is well-moisturized. Loreal's Hydrafresh Anti-Shine All day-Hydrating & Matifying Icy Gel is a huge favorite of mine.
There are so many things that I love about this product. It contains deep marine source water enriched in minerals to improve skin moisture and help prevent water loss. Besides, it "purifies and regulates excess sebum for an anti-shine effect". This formula also has "micro-sponges that help to absorb excessive sebum for immediate and long-term matity". Great news for me since I'm plagued with oily skin.

The texture of this moisturizer is amazing. It is ultra light, non oily and non sticky. These are definitely plus points for me. I dislike moisturizers that leave a sticky feeling on my skin after I slather it on. This baby absorbs like a dream and it leaves my face super matte (really!). There is no greasy feeling or whatsoever. The task of applying makeup is made easy since I have a smooth and matte canvas to work on. Sticky moisturizers are a huge no no...they just feel so icky.

If you're wondering what the Loreal moisturizer looks like, here it is.
The gel is this gorgeous pale greenish-blue shade. It literally reminds me of the sea! It is cool to the touch, glides on smoothly and just like what it proclaims, your face will experience a splash of ocean freshness. I personally feel that it quenches the thirst of my dry skin. It leaves my face wonderfully soft, silky and alive. This moisturizer smells really good too!

I apply this without fail twice a day - morning and night. I have been using this moisturizer for almost a month now and I must say that it works well for me. My skin has definitely improved. It doesn't feel so dry anymore. In addition, the area around my nose and forehead have ceased peeling. I couldn't be happier! :)

The Loreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel retails at RM 24.90 in Guardian and Watson's outlets.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! Love the price point too omg. I just wish it had come in pumps or tubes instead of jars so that it'll be more hygienic. Awesome review though, thanks =)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's so true. Unfortunately, this Loreal range only comes in jars...thanks for the compliment dahlin :) <3

    ReplyDelete