Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Celebrity Inspiration: Kate Middleton

She is posh. She is chic. She is literally every where these days. A casual look through celebrity and fashion websites would reveal some news or picture of her. She is Kate Middleton, the beautiful woman who took the world by storm when she married Prince William. During the long-anticipated wedding, she floored us completely with her magnifique Alexander McQueen gown.
I love every single thing about it. The long lace sleeves, the V-neck style...It was just P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Period. I also admire the fact that she wanted to do her own makeup (soft smoky eyes and pink lips) for the wedding. She nailed it after receiving some lessons from makeup artist Arabella Preston. I really salute her bold decision. I, for one, am totally in support of how brides should look like themselves during their big day.

Heavy makeup would just make you look like another person. Brides should wear the makeup and not let the makeup wear them. Since the wedding, Kate has successfully established her position as a brilliant fashionista. Her choice of outfits has sparked loads of praise and approval. The fashion world loves her. The paparazzi lives her. The public loves her.

What I love about Kate is her ability to make simple dresses look outstanding. If you were to go through pictures of her, you would immediately notice that she usually opts for simple yet chic pieces. As a princess, she is bound to certain dress codes. Yet, this has not stop her from experimenting with fashion. She has great taste and she rarely disappoints whenever she steps out in public. I just love how classy her style is. Kate is living proof of how conservative outfits can work wonders too. Think Jackie Kennedy.

Anyways, here are some of her dresses which I adore.
Erdem
Catherine Walker
Rosanda Illinic
Alexander McQueen
Reiss
Jenny Packham

Get an idea of what I've been rattling about now? Simple but oh-so-stunning. Kate looks every bit like an elegant princess in those pieces. And I'm not even done yet. Here is my favorite piece.
Jenny Packham
This is so not me but the pale sunshine yellow vintage dress is utterly gorgeous! I can't get enough of how perfectly it embodies the casual and classy look. It is sweet, summery and it matches her beautifully. I don't usually favor dresses of such style. Heck, I'd probably look like an old grumpy school teacher with it on. But on Kate, it is ahh-mazing. I don't know, it's something about the gentleness of the frock, how it flows so gracefully around her. She's literally glowing with the essence of summer.

Kate Middleton is indeed an inspiration to us gurls. I really hope that her marriage to William will be a long-lasting and happy one. They look adorable together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment