Monday, September 12, 2011

Beauty Peeves

You spot it. You get irritated. And you want to get rid of it ASAP. We all have our own unique set of peeves. When it comes to beauty, I have several peeves which I absolutely can't stand. Once I notice them, I would get all fired up and promptly eradicate them. If I don't, I tend to get well...twitchy. I know they're there. And they annoy the hell outta me.

Thankfully, my beauty peeves aren't permanent, which means I can still get rid of them for a certain period of time. They do come back but I always tackle them with a vengeance. Then I get to live blissfully for a few weeks. I shall list three of my peeves in this post. Let the ranting begin!

1. Overgrown Toe Nails
I can't stand long toe nails. Period. I don't know but the sight of unruly long toe nails disgusts me, especially if they aren't painted. Whenever the white part of my toe nails grows a few milimeters, I whip out my trusty nail cutter and lop them off. I can't explain it. I just prefer them neatly trimmed. I also loath the feeling of long toe nails scrapping against my shoes (pumps, sandals, flip-flops....). Urgh.

2. Peeling Skin on Lips and Corners of the Mouth
I have mentioned this in previous posts.I have a combination of oily and dry skin. So when I forget to slather on enough moisterizer or drink less water, the skin around the corners of my mouth will peel. My lips will become dry and crack. I really can't put up with this. Firstly, it's annoying to have bits of skin sticking out in full sight. Secondly, cracked lips are so not sexy when applied with lipstick. Especially matte lipsticks. The peeling skin stands out like a sore thumb. Every bit is visible. And thirdly, I dislike the sensation of my dry lips cracking, especially when I grin or yawn. I can literally feel it stretching and splitting! Since I always encounter this problem, I make sure I exfoliate as frequently as I can. I usually do this (with a toothbrush) after my bath when the skin gets moist and soft, making it easier to exfoliate. That way, my lips stay nice and smooth.

3. Stray Brow Hairs
I can never ever let my brows grow back to the way they were before - all bushy and unruly. I pluck them as often as I can. But it still irks me to see stray strands growing out after some time. These little buggers just won't stop. Just when I think I have perfectly trimmed brows, a tiny hair would pop out. Then another and another. That's when I go to war...armed with my tweezers. It used to hurt when I plucked them but I've gotten used to the pain. Call me psychotic but I absolutely abhor the sight of stray hairs, right down to the tiniest one (1 mm). Begone ye 'ideous hairs!

What are your peeves? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment