Sunday, September 4, 2011

Katy Perry at the MTV Music Awards

Katy Perry never fails to amuse me with her quirkiness. She's fun, lively and never boring. Honestly, I think she looked absolutely adorable at the MTV Music Awards 2011 with a cheongsam-inspired Atelier Versace dress.
The dress itself is a piece of art. The floral design on the right half, the pink furry bobbles, the yellow trimmings...I think Katy carries off this cute look pretty well. The three parallel openings in the middle add a touch of sexiness which she effortlessly oozes. And that thigh-high slit? Ooh-la-la gurl! She also opted for a pair of gorgeous pink strappy Jimmy Choo heels which I love! If you noticed, there's also a hint of gold. A lovely color combination of sweet and glamorous!
Katy decided to rock this look with a sheer blue umbrella. While it certainly is unusual to see this on a red carpet event, I personally think that it actually works. I mean, I can literally imagine she strolling down the posh streets of Shangai. Finally, she accessorized with pink flowers in her pink hair, evoking a demure appearance. Now pink hair is super hard to pull off. It either works or flops. Some celebs would end up looking trashy (remember Britney's fake pink hair?) but not Katy Perry. She totally nails this look! And best of all, she looks like she's having fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment