Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Haul: Bohemian Necklace

I recently discovered a new love for necklaces. Specifically...romantic, bohemian and vintage-inspired ones. I have never been a collector of such accessories but now, I beg to differ. I'm terrified that I would lose control everytime I step into fabulous stores like Forever 21, Diva and Accessorize. The coutless drapes of necklaces, bangles and rings call out to me. And I wanna get them all. It really sucks when you're on a budget. You can do nothing but stare and drool. Anyways, I've promised myself to get some pretty and unique ones. A necklace can make a statement. It can also add drama to a casual look. I love them for their versatility!

I'm gonna blog about this piece which I bought from Forever 21. As mentioned before, I love the Bohemian style. Anything with feathers, fringe, beads...I think they are fantastic. Here's a picture of the necklace.
It was kinda pricey but hey, it's definitely worth it! I just love how it has all these unique and elaborated details, incorporated into one awesome piece. This baby obviously makes a statement! Check out the gorgeous golden leafs and swifts...and the pink flowers add a touch of much-needed girliness. However, it's not all femininity. The hanging chains bring an edge to it. A fab mixture of tough and sweet.
And of course, there are the lovely feathers which are my favorite part of this necklace. They really amp up the Bohemian feel which I totally love. They are so soft to the touch. I just hope no birdy died for this...Here's a close-up shot.
I pair this necklace with many outfits, ranging from simple T and jeans to slightly fancier ones like a dress. I love how one necklace like this can transform the entire look. I whip it on and BAM! Boring switches into stylish. There is instantly more variation. Jadore! =)

Now, if I could just find that perfect vintage-inspired piece....

No comments:

Post a Comment