I may be a beauty junkie but I can never get over how makeup can magically transform a person's look sometimes. It just makes me gape in awe at how it can turn drab to fab with a few swipes of a brush. It makes such a
huge difference. I've been experimenting with makeup for almost four years now and I admit, I enjoy every single bit of it. Makeup is my passion. It's my hobby. And it's one of the few things which I splurge on.
To sum it up, makeup is one of the greatest discoveries of my life. I sometimes wonder why I didn't dabble into it earlier. During high school, I wore only mineral foundation and lipbalm. I bought my first lipgloss in
Form Five because of prom. Now that I look back, I'm like "Gurl, what were you thinking?" But in a way, that's the beauty of the younger carefree days. I didn't really care about how I looked. I was comfortable with plain old me. And that's a good thing.
But like any other gurl, I grew up and wanted to be prettier. So, I looked for ways to enhance my appearance. Don't get me wrong. I still love myself without makeup. Natural beauty is something that I appreciate. But if you can go one step further and beautify yourself a wee bit, why not? I've learnt so much about fashion, style and makeup during the recent years. I attribute that to fashion magazines and makeup tutorials on Youtube. They inspired me so much that I soon found myself digging for makeup in drugstores. I remember the first item I bought was an eyeliner.
Makeup plays a crucial role in many people lives. Celebrities, models, corporate people...you name it. They rely on it to look presentable and professional. Celebs, especially, wouldn't be caught dead without makeup on the red carpet. In order to stand out and shine, they require makeup to weave its magic. Check out the differences that it makes on these celebs.
 |
| Eva Longoria |
 |
| Jessica Simpson |
 |
| Kim Kardashian |
 |
| Jennifer Lopez |
Small eyes? Easily fixed with some eyeliner, fake lashes and smokey shadows. No prominent cheekbones? Easily enhanced with bronzer or blush. Thin lips? One stroke of lip liner and a dash of lipgloss and you'd have Angelina Jolie's luscious puckers. Makeup is a foolproof way to look gorgeous without having to go under the knife. It enhances, highlights and magnifies effortlessly.
I love how versatile makeup is too. There are literally thousands of looks out there and it is important to know which one suits you. Play around with colors. Play around with different looks. I for one, know that brown shadows complement me best. I know that I don't suit with black eyeliner on my waterline. It closes my eyes, making them look smaller. I also know that demi lashes are the best option for me since I prefer a more subtle look.
Makeup has made me more confident in many ways. It makes me feel more beautiful. It makes me feel more secure with myself. I absolutely love applying makeup with my favorite songs blasting in the background. Call me crazy but I always look foward to these makeup sessions. Anyway, I'll end this post with some pictures of Kristin Steward. Check out her greasy look before and her fabulous look after on the cover of W magazine.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
Love the strong brows and cat eyes! She looks utterly glamorous! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment