For this post, I'm going to compare two pencil eye liners that I have - Maybelline's Unstoppable Eye Liner in Velvet Black and Loreal's Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner in Ebony. I love pencil liners for their kohl-like application. These are especially good if you want to smudge them out for that sexy smokey eye look. Both of these pencil liners are not waterproof.
Maybelline Unstoppable Eye Liner
This pencil liner was one of the first few which I tried out during my experiment with eye liners several years back. It has a very smooth and creamy application because the texture is like kohl. That way, I do not have to exert extra pressure to get the eye liner onto my lash line (less wrinkles for me). It glides on without much of a hassle. When I apply this eye liner, I like to smudge it out so that the line appears softer and not so harsh. It's also cheap compared to other pencil liners. For the life of me, I cannot recall its exact price. But I think its somewhere around RM 15++.
There are several things that are disappointing about this eye liner. To begin with, the black is not as intense as I would like it to be. Unless you layer on the color, it can appear to have a greyish hue. Not to my taste. Personally, this eye liner also does not have long-lasting power. May be it's because I have oily lids. After barely two hours, I'd find smudges under my eyes. I remembered applying this before I headed out for a shopping trip which lasted almost five hours. It smudged horrificly and the gorgeous line that I previously had on my lids completely faded out. I looked positively like a friggin raccoon!
All in all, this pencil liner from Maybelline doesn't really score well. It may work for some people but it's just not for me. So now, I only use it for smokey eye purposes or if I go out for a short trip.
Loreal Perfect Pencil Self-Advancing Eyeliner
This Loreal eye liner was actually a gift from my favorite aunt. And I love it. It has a lovely kohl-like quality and applies very nicely. Similar to the Maybelline eye liner, I like to smudge this out just a tiny bit so that the line looks even out and not...how do I put this...jerky? I don't know, smudging it just smooths out the line a whole lot more. Color wise, the black is so much more pigmented. Even with just one application, you will have a gorgeous black line. Check out the comparison below.
The line on the left is from Maybelline's pencil eye liner while the one on the right is from Loreal's.
See the big difference? I also love how the this eye liner stays on my lids for a much longer time. It doesn't really smudge that much which is definitely a plus point for me! Another thing that I like about it is the fact that I do not have to sharpen the pencil (lazy me I know). It comes in this special packaging where if you run out, you only need to twist it once or twice to get the nip out. So easy and convenient! Love!
Price wise, this eye liner is more expensive. If I recall correctly, it's somewhere between RM 24 to RM 26. But with a higer price, it does come with better quality. The Loreal pencil eye liner is definitely the winner in this comparison :)





No comments:
Post a Comment