Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: M.A.C Angel Lipstick

I've been wanting to do this review for ages, particularly because it concerns my favorite lipstick at the moment - M.A.C's Angel lipstick. Oh gosh, I just can't rave enough about it. Angel's a gorgeous pale pink shade that's categorized as Frost. Meaning that it's not shimmery, but it has a nice creamy matte finish. Here's picture of my precious:
I absolutely love love love the texture of this lipstick. It's smooth and creamy and so friggin easy to apply. It just glides on and the pink is such a beautiful shade. For Angel, the more you pack on the color, the more it stands out (a brighter pink). I prefer a more obvious shade so I usually apply around two to three layers. If you are the kind who goes for subtle, then one application is more than enough. Here's a swatch of Angel:
The picture doesn't do justice to the lipstick here. It actually looks paler on the lips. I personally like to pat on the lipstick onto to my lips with my finger as this results in a smoother and more polished finish. Using my lip brush soaks up some of the lippie and I'd hate to watch it go to waste. Anway, patting on the lipstick helps even out the color nicely so I won't get nasty lipstick creases.

As mentioned before, Angel is a matte color. But it also gives off a lovely sheen which is fantastic because I dislike drying cakey lipsticks. It will be good if you exfoliate your lips prior to applying this lipstick. For me, I sometimes have dry cracked lips. Thus, I always make sure that I exfoliate them properly. Otherwise, the cracked skin will show (very obvious) and that will be an absolute nightmare (Crackzilla terrorizing the streets). Can't have that can we?

All in all, M.A.C's Angel is a fabulous lippie. Great color, smooth application and a gorgeous finish. It lasts for a relatively long time too (if you aren't eating). The only downside to this is that it's quite expensive..I got mine at RM65 (wheeew!). That's a lot, I know, but considering the good qualities of this lipstick, I'd say that it's totally worth it! :)

Random Fact: M.A.C's Angel is a favourite of Kim Kardashian. She often pairs it up with NARS' Turkish Delight lipgloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment