Katy exploded into the music industry in 2008, captivating the world with her quirky fashion sense and powerful vocals. I am a huge fan of her music (Hot n Cold, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework). With her dark long mane, striking blue eyes and voluptuous figure, she stands out easily among the crowd.
But what makes her extraordinary is her sense of style. Her attire has long been the discussion of many fashion critics. Unlike most celebrities who stick to safe modes, Katy goes all out in bold and mind-blowing outfits. Her style is perhaps a reflection of her personality - fun, vivacious and playful!
While some of her outfits may seem bizzare to some, I find them refreshingly different. It is nice to see a brave soul who dares to bring a bit more personality to the red carpet. Her dressing can be wild but not overly so like Gaga *twitches*. I found most of her frocks very "Katy." Here are a few pieces which I found totally adorable! Some celebs would quell at the thought of wearing such wacky dresses, not Katy though. This gurl is fearless!
F-U-N is written all over each and every piece above. They have an uplifting effect that brings a smile to my face. I love them for their jolliness! But as I have said, Katy is not perfect. So of course, there were some pieces which had me scratching my head in wonder. Like what in the world possessed her to wear that?
Yes those were really outrageous, but that is Katy Perry for you. Personally, I think she looks best in her signature 50s-inspired style - retro hair, bold red/pink lips and a gorgeous elegant dress. She carries off this particular look with enviable ease. Here are some beautiful shots of her to prove it.
![]() |
| Jessica Rabbit inspired dress |
![]() |
| Armani |
![]() |
| Basil Soda |
I went absolutely gaga over the red-hot sequined dress. I love love love the thigh-high slit which showed off Katy's sexy gams. With the matching satin gloves and shoes, Katy is ready to assume the role of a sultry siren. I also adore her long retro hair, her porcelain skin and perfect makeup (strong brows, hint of rosy blush and those red lips!). She looks like a true blue pin-up gal from the 50s (chanelling Dita Von Teese)!
The baby-pink chiffon Basil Soda gown, on the other hand, exudes a soft and sweet effect. It is retro, but in a more toned-down manner. Katy looks exceptionally demure in this piece. I love how the dress has that ruffled pattern with some embellishment in the middle. She glammed up the overall look with lots of bling (earrings, ring and bracelets). Soft understated makeup with girly pink lips..she can charm the socks off anyone with this enticing look.
What do you think of her? :)








No comments:
Post a Comment