When it comes to style, I love injecting a hint of sexiness into an elegant or edgy look. Sexy, in my own words, is defined as looking hot without baring too much skin. Like the concept of Yin and Yang, there has to be balance in the overall look. For example, pair a revealing top with a demure skirt or shorts. Or pair a mini skirt with a not-over-the-top blouse. A precise word to describe this --- moderation. Sexy is also confidence, the way a woman carries herself. If you feel confident on the inside, it naturally reflects on the outside. You stride more positively, you stride as if you are on the red carpet during the Oscars.
For this post, I am going to highlight some lingerie inspired dresses which I found oh-so-gorgeous. The word lingerie brings to mind scandalous images of skimpily clad women. But with a twist here and a turn there, fashion designers have come out with some beautiful pieces that are not only sexy, but striking and elegant. As usual, I have narrowed down my six favourite looks involving celebrities. Let the raving begin!
6. Camilla Belle
Not every gal can pull off this risque look. But Camilla effortlessly rocks the Jason Wu tux with a nude ruffly bra. It is bold, daring and very sexy. I have always felt that "striking" fits this gurl. I mean, look at her. She is exotic! I love how she tamed down the look by pairing the bra with the black sleek tux. It just works for me.
5. Ashley Greene
Ashley is a perfect example of how a simple dress can be sexy without being too much. She is an epitome of elegance in this gorgeous white Antonio Berardi dress and black peep-toe pumps. I love how the black lace peeks out from the white fabric, creating a lovely contrast and increasing the "hotness" of the outfit. She looks fabulous.
4. Emma Stone
I will be honest and say that Emma is better off with reddish brown locks instead of being blonde. I love her look here. This Bottega Veneta dress sizzles with the bustier top and sheer lace, yet, it is youthful at the same time with the hint of yellow under the black material. I am a sucker for lace. And details, especially the cute bow to emphasize her slim waist and the fringe at the end of the dress. Love...
3. Emma Watson
I remember seeing this picture of Emma at the premier of Harry Potter and she completely blew me away. It is as clear as rain that our adorable star has tranformed into a beauty with great fashion sense. Think Burberry and more recently, Lancome. Emma looks absolutely stunning in this Rafael Lopez dress. From its black sheer patterned lace to the intricately woven end with fringe, feathers and details, Emma looks ready to take on the world. Although her bra is visible, the lovely dress tones down the look and does wonders to her figure. Brava Emma!
2. Miley Cyrus
I am not really a fan of Miley but I do appreciate her fashion sense. Well, when she gets it right of course. Sometimes, she really nails a particular look. Like this one. Miley looks friggin glamorous in this pretty champagne Jenny Packham gown. I L-O-V-E it! The satin bustier top screams "sexy" while the sparkly lower half hollers "elegance." I love every thing about this dress. It is beautiful. Period. I love how it is tight fitting at the top and falls into a lovely heap at the bottom. And her sparkly cuff, earrings and perfectly coiffed hair. Miley wins me over with this one.
1. Mila Kunis
Do I hear fire-engine sirens wailing in the distance? Not surprising because Mila is smoking hawt in this breathtaking pale lavender Elie Saab gown! She literally had my jaw hitting the floor. This is just about one of the loveliest dresses I have ever laid eyes on. It is soft, sweet, sheer and exquisite. There is lace and chiffon, all mixed together in this beautiful array of a dress. It bares at the right places, subtly, as if teasing you. The dress looks so friggin delicate that I can't help feeling that it would tear apart if I pulled it. Lavender is also a nice change from the normal black, white and red on the red carpet. Sparkly bangle, ring, earrings...The Black Swan star looks utterly ravishing and graceful.
So there you have it. Six of my favourites. Which one is yours? :)






No comments:
Post a Comment