Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals B.B Cream

I am not a huge fan of liquid foundations, especially those with an uber thick consistency. They always seem to make my face look cakey, no matter how carefully I apply them. And I get the awful sensation that my pores are all clogged up. Thus, when I do resort to liquid foundation, I opt for one that is more light weight. More watery in that sense. Maybelline's Clear Smooth Minerals Instant Skin Perfecting Cream is by far my favorite.
It is also a B.B cream. For those who are unfamiliar with this term, it is a cream which serves multiple purposes. Very popular in Korea. This product consists of a blend of eight mineral ingredients. Its listed capabilities include:
  • Brightens skin with a visible whitening effect
  • Covers imperfections, reduces the appearance of pores, redness of skin
  • Moisturizes by providing all day hydration
  • SPF 26, helps protect skin from UV rays and free radicals
What I absolutely adore about this B.B cream is that it is so light weight! And it blends beautifully. I usually use my hands to apply this product. I squeeze a small amount on my hand, dot it on various parts of my face and then pat them gently to smooth them out. I find that it blends better that way. It also helps tremendously that this cream glides onto your skin like satin. You have to be careful not to apply too much though because it can look cakey when overused. It has a semi watery consistency, but not to the point where it actually drips from your hand.
Like it promised, this B.B cream does not feel drying. It also provides just enough coverage. I found that it does minimizes the existence of pores and reduces redness to a certain extent. It covers up the redness around my nose, chin and forehead pretty nice. But honestly, its coverage is not as effective as a concealer. Sometimes, the redness still shows, especially when it comes to annoying flaming zits. I always use a concealer to top it off. Those with mild redness will benefit from this product.

Another element that won me over is that it contains SPF 26. I have recently become obsessed with protection against the sun. I now zealously apply sunsreen whenever I go out. I know I should have started earlier but...better late than never! Thus, you can say that I am pretty happy with the protection that this Maybelline cream offers. It is also extremely affordable. My apologies, darlings, for I cannot remember the exact price. It is somewhere around RM 20++. 

If there is something that I do not favor (other than coverage), it is the shade. Like most B.B creams in the market out there, it does not provide a variety of shades for different skintones. This B.B cream only offers a single shade - a natural beige which is a tiny bit lighter than my skintone. I wish they would come out with more shades. That way, us gurls can choose those which actually match us.

I guess it works differently for everyone. But for me, I like it because it evens out my complexion. And no cakey results! My skin can breathe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment