Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garnier Aqua Defense Intensive Hydrating Mask

If you are a Malaysian, you will probably realize that one of our favorite conversation topics is the weather. From time to time, one'd hear expressions like "It's so friggin hot!" or "Why is there no rain?" Malaysia is a tropical country, so we have summer all year round. Temperatures can soar to sizzling heights sometimes. Okay I may be exaggerating but it does get really hot at certain times of the year. The sun literally burns your skin! I know for a fact that such a situation exists in Kampar. The heat there is......awesome.
I have a combination of dry and oily skin. So when my skin cannot take the weather, it does what it thinks is best. It starts peeling. Especially around the corners of my nose and mouth. It gets really frustrating because whenever I apply foundation or lipstick, the peeling skin is visible. So not chic. Anyway, I usually get rid of them by exfoliating with a toothbrush after my bath. Another efficient way to keep dry skin at bay to is moisturize constantly. I cannot stress enough how important it is to keep your skin hydrated. I use two types of moisturizers to keep my face intact.

I also like to use facial masks to combat my dehydrated skin. I recently bought Garnier's Aqua Defense Intensive Hydrating Mask. There was a big sale going on in Watson's. It was originally priced at RM5.96. After the discount, it came to RM3.00++. So I thought, "why not?" and decided to give it a shot. It comes in a package where you have two sachets of the product.
This mask comes in a gel form which you have to spread out on your face. I usually prefer mask sheets for their convenience but this type is not that bad. You just need to use a little more energy to slather it on. Avoid the eye and mouth areas. The gel looks like this:
My first impression was "Oh my gawd! It looks like snot!" I know I know, I am being gross. But bear in mind darlings, looks can be deceiving. That lump of gel in my palm? It is all good stuff. The gel has a thick consistency and adheres really well to the face. There is no watery-like texture, hence, no annoying spills. Leave the product on your face for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.

When I had the mask on, it was as if my whole face was ensconed in this rich layer of goodness. It did not dry up like I expected, but remained wet to the touch after 15 minutes. My face felt amazingly fresh and moisturized after I washed it off. It also felt baby soft! I love masks like these. They always make me feel like my face had a much-needed splash of moisture and vitamins, soaking up all the goodness. There is also no nasty odor which some masks have. This Garnier mask has a very pleasant smell. I once tried a mask which smell reminded me of *gasp* cockroaches! Needless to say, I now avoid it like a plague.

All in all, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative that works well, then Garnier's Aqua Defense Intensive Hydrating Mask is the product for you. Use it 2 times a week for optimal results. You can get this mask at any Guardian, Watson's or Tesco outlets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment