There's something about red lips that is oh-so appealing. It effectively adds that va-va voom feeling. Red lips look best when they match your skintone. They also look gorgeous when they are perfectly sculpted, creating a prominent shape of your lips. Some examples below to aid you in your imagination.
Megan Fox
Scarlette Johansson
Angelina Jolie
Monica Bellucci
Monica Bellucci
I read up some articles about red lips. Here are some tips to carry off this sexy smoulthering look:
1) For fair skinned gals who have some redness in their skin tone, opt for reds bordering on orange-ish or bluer/blackish streaks. Avoid pink undertones as they can make your face appear redder.
2) For fair-skinned gals with yellowish undertones, they can opt for redder tones apart from the classic blood red. Avoid packing on too much of paler reds like a very pale pink or orangey reds because they make you paler.
3) For those with duskier skin tones (think Kim Kardashian), try wearing bright reds, cherry reds and pinks. Fuchsias, burgundies and maroons should work fine as well. Avoid reds which are too orangey as they may be too stark for your complexion.
4) For those with darker or warm skin tones, choose reds with brown, blue or black hints. They can also go with deeper and truer reds and pinks like fuchsia. Avoid orange-ish and pinkish reds that are too light.
I have promised myself to give red lips a try once I have started working. I remember that as a child, I used to admire my mum's red lips. It is her signature look.When I was bored, I would go through her lipstick collection with great interest. The reds, the pinks, the browns. I don't recall trying on the reds though. I should have. If I did, I'd love to pair my red lips with lightly done eyes. I'm thinking of nude colors for the eyes. Personally, I love to contrast my makeup. If I did smokey eyes or a heavy look, I match it with nude or pinkish nude lips. So if I do red lips, I will probably stick with light shimmery taupy brown eyes.
Red lips are bold but so sexy. If we could just learn how to overcome our insecurities, red lips will no longer be a problem. All we need is that boost of confidence. Before you realize it, you'd be strutting down the streets just like Carrie Bradshaw and her friends! :)
For more tips on how to carry off red lips, check out this video by Michelle Phan.
Source of tips: http://www.glamcheck.com/fashion/2011/01/27/how-to-wear-red-lipstick/
For more tips on how to carry off red lips, check out this video by Michelle Phan.
Source of tips: http://www.glamcheck.com/fashion/2011/01/27/how-to-wear-red-lipstick/





No comments:
Post a Comment