I have been craving for some retail therapy lately and thanks my dear cousin, I had the chance to experience it today. Today was also the day where we finally handed up our Final Year Projects. Freedom! It is extremely liberating to know that we will no longer be harassed by it. Still, it is odd because I don't feel any crazy-jumping-in-the-air-joy which technically, I should be feeling. I was just like.."Oh The End. Nice." What's wrong with me? I should be screaming with joy! But anyhoo, I DID feel happy when I got to know that a shopping trip was in plan. We started out at 2pm, the four of us, to the nearest shopping mall in the area.
It felt good walking around the stores again. God knows how long I've been deprived of it. I did not want to spent too much though so I made a list of what to buy. I needed moisturizer and powder foundation because they are in grave danger of completing their life span. I also needed a mascara because mine has dried up and there isn't much left in the tube. I know it's advisable to throw your mascara away after 3 months of usage. But I did not have the heart to do that. I mean, I don't want to dump a whole tube of half-used mascara. It's such a waste!
The first thing I got was Maybelline's Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation.
I have been using this Maybelline powder foundation for almost 2 years. I love it because it provides relatively good coverage. I have a combination of oily and dry skin, thus, I do not usually go for liquid foundation. I won't use it unless I'm having a REALLY bad case of redness or pimples.I also prefer powder foundation because it will not crease and slide like liquid foundation. I know you can set it with loose powder but I rather go for a more natural and light look. This powder foundation instantly mattifies my face and provides long-lasting oil control. I'm using this power in Natural. It suits my skintone and gives a nice clean finish. It is also a drugstore product which means I don't have to spend hundreds for this baby. Love it!
The second thing I purchased was Loreal's Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Supply Aqua Gel.
I simply can't get enough of this stuff. I love love love it!! This is the best moisturizer I have tried so far. As mentioned before, I have dry skin.When the weather gets a wee bit hotter than usual, my skin goes on a rampage. And that's when I turn into Reptilezilla. My skin will crack and I will have the appearance of a creature shedding its skin. Not pretty. Fortunately, I stumbled upon this product when I entered university and it practically saved my life. This moisturizer has a slightly watery gel-like textual that is super smooth when you apply it. It gives a really nice, refreshing and cooling feeling. It glides on effortlessly and you can instantly feel it hydrating your skin. It smells super good too and that's a bonus for me! It also does not give that really sticky finish which some moisturizers do. I usually apply it and let it set for a few minutes before doing my makeup.
The final thing which I bought was Maybelline's Hyper Curl Volumn Express Cat Eyes mascara.
I have been wanting this mascara for a long time since its debut in the makeup world. I absolutely love the packaging for starters. It's so sleek and sexy with the tiger strips at the cover. And it's pink! I didn't manage to buy this because at that time, I still had a whole new tube Rimmel mascara with me. I didn't want to buy another mascara because frankly speaking, i don't use mascara all the time now. I wear it according to my mood. Sometimes, when I want to have bigger looking eyes, I use it. But my Rimmel's all dried out now, not to mention finishing. So I allowed myself the opportunity to grab this baby. I have high expectations for it. Will do a review on it once I have tried it :)
Hope you people have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment