Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Etude House Golden Ratio Contour Maker

Etude House is one of my favourite makeup stores to raid. I love it for its cute pink interior design and how the cosmetics are laid out so neatly on white shelves. The sales gals are also clad in adorable pink-black uniforms. The store really reminds me of a life-sized doll house! Anyhoo, this post will be about my current favourite product from Etude House - the Golden Ratio Contour Maker. I got mine in #2 Pink.
You can also get the other type in #1 Gold where the blush has more of a coral hue instead of pink. 
I would say, the first thing that caught my attention about this product was definitely the packaging. It looks so glamorous and expensive. You can't see it from the picture below but the cover actually has miniscule golden particles spirnkled all over it. Very pretty to look at under the light. I'm such a sucker for glittery stuff...
This product comes with three different shades - Highlighter (shimmery creamy white), Blush (light pink) and Shading (taupe). The highlighter is designed to accentuate your T-zone, cheekbones, under eye and chin areas. Shading contours your cheeks/chin/temples and the blush gives your face a subtle pop of color. As you can see, the colors in this product are not that intense. They consist of sweet mild shimmery shades that will leave you with a lovely glow. Thus, if you're the kind of person who usually goes for darker or matte shades, this is not a product for you.

This contour set is formulated with "Sebum Control Powder and Coating Pigments to absorb facial oil, maintain integrity and promote complexion brightness." It also claims to provide a "smooth application, lasting adhesion and promises a lustrous effect." The Golden Ratio Contour Maker is priced at RM 49.90. Quite expensive but you can always get it at a discounted price during sales period.

Personally, I love this product. I usually apply the contouring shade at the hollows of my cheekbones (suck in your cheeks) and then whip on the blush on the apples of my cheeks. There are also times where I mix them both and just apply them at one go, as a blush. I love the result. My skin looks dewy and it has that really nice healthy glow. The shimmery particles in this product are really tiny and they are not one bit like those annoying chunky glitter stuff. As a result, you have a gorgeous lustrous finish. I always go easy on the highlighter though because I have rather oily skin. I only apply this at the under-side of my eyes for that nice natural glow. Sometimes, I also dab it on my cupid's bow to create an illusion of fuller lips.

The Golden Ratio Contour Maker also comes with a cute little brush like this:
The thing that I love about this brush is that it feels extremely soft, meaning that it's not like some nasty brush that feels so harsh and prickly against your skin. It is also quite compact. But if you feel that the brush is too small, you can always switch to your blush brush. I do that sometimes when I want to add on the color.

All in all, the Golden Ratio Contour Maker is a good investment for those who love shimmery and subtle colors for blush or contouring. It applies on beautifully and stays on for a relatively long time. I came back from university after 7 hours and it was still there! Good quality and totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment