Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Little Things in Life

Sometimes, we don't have to look far. They are right in front of us. The little things in life that are so meaningful. They are often overlooked but we should learn how to appreciate them. It is these little things that can instantly lift one's mood and bring a smile to your face.

I thought I'd be eating dry boring crackers this evening for tea. And then my dear cousin came down to our room and literally threw a bag of lovely of chocolate chip teddy bear cookies at us! Love! She also took the time to cut out the adorable picture of a chocolate cake and pasted it on the package. Classic!
A small gesture. But it means so much to us. For her to take the effort, and how she still thought of her two shuffling-around-the-room biao jies (think Howl's dog) when she was out buying her groceries. We love you darling and thanks so so much for the cookies!! *muah muah!*

I was steadfastly practising my presentation the whole morning and felt quite cranky when I messed up. Sometimes, I blabbered. Sometimes, I got jammed. And sometimes, I said lame things. Just when I was about to throw a tantrum fit for a queen (think Naomi Campbell), a little voice piped up "Jia you jie jie!" I stopped and looked to my left. Jan was smiling encouragingly and man, it worked wonders for my enthusiasm. Just a simple sentence. And it tugged at the strings of my heart. Love that sister. She's the best, knows me in and out. I love you darling! *muah muah Chanel kisses* Thank you for being so super supportive. I will do my best this Monday :)
Remember my previous post about how cranky I was? Well, there's an update. It was late evening when I received a call from my bf. He asked me to meet him downstairs in 15 minutes. That got me curious. So imagine my surprise when he gave me a bag of two Oreo McFlurries! He knows I've got a sweet tooth. That cheered me up instantly. The ice-cream yes. But it was more of the thought. His effort to actually get something to cheer me up. Thanks so much baby! Love you :-*

On the same day, it was during the night when I was working on an assignment when a chat box popped out suddenly. It said "Y so down? Ur not fat la." It was from a dear friend from high school. I poured out all my miseries to him and he listened, raved and comforted. That was all I needed. His words cheered me up immensely. Indeed, a friend's words can sometimes work wonders when you're feeling like shit. Thank you so much for being a good friend! (you know who you are^^ ) here's a picture for you :P
So there you go. Small things. But oh-so meaningful :)

1 comment: