Thursday, March 10, 2011
Review of Elianto's Spring Forest Make-up Kit
Makeup palettes are such a great concept. They make life easier for us especially if we're travelling and do not want to be tied down with crates of makeup. One nice palette can provide you with all you need. Makeup palettes usually come with a combination of eye-shadows, blush or lip colors, depending on the company. My cousin gave me an Elianto palette for my birthday this year. And I was absolutely delighted because it is so pretty! This palette is known as the Spring Forest Make-up Kit. It comes with six gorgeous eye-shadow colors and a beautiful coral pink blush. Check out the packaging. It looks so springy and fun!
I was particularly elated because the shadows are mostly my favorite colors - pink, purple, gold...And the blush! I had been hankering after a blush with a hint of coral in it. Normally, I'd go for blushes with pink undertones. But after using those for some time, I got bored and wanted something different instead. This blush in "Cotton Pink" compliments my skintone perfectly. You can choose to make it subtle or more obvious by packing the color on.I'm literally using this every day. Gorgeous!
The eye-shadows are nicely pigmented. Rosy Pink and Gold are very shimmery with tiny fine flexes of glitter in them whereas Salmon, Fuchia Pink and Orchid are more matte but with a lovely sheen. Off-White is your typical shimmery white highlight color. I made a few swatches of the colors below.
The colors stay on quite well throughout the day. Just make sure that you have primed your eyes with an eye primer or set it with powder foundation if you don't have one. If there's one thing that I don't like about this palette, it would be the brushes. They are so small and I'm a clumsy person! So I have never used them. Okay, they are not that bad. It's just that I prefer using my proper shadow brushes to apply makeup. They pack on the colors much better. A blending brush is also needed to blend the colors nicely.
To sum it up, this Elianto makeup palette is a good investment. The colors are beautiful and intense and the blush is simply lovely. Nice quality. Jadore! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment