Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Wonderful Day Out - New Shoes!

It was a pleasant sunny day and us gurls decided that we NEEDED a shopping trip. It was kinda decided in a spur of a moment and before we knew it, we had two car loads of crazy gals heading merrily to the shopping mall.
Through the waves of excitement, I told myself quietly that I only needed what's absolutely neccessary - Maybelline makeup remover and some lovely Etude House masks. I was adamant that I would emerge victorious, that I would not succumb to the voices calling out to me from the gorgeous shops. I told myself that I was strong and that the temptation was nothing. At all.

Boy was I wrong. I still don't know what got into me. Seriously. But the moment I laid my eyes on those gorgeous shoes, I knew with unquestionable certainty that I had to have them. Talk about erratic impulses. It's weird because I'm the kind of person who has to weigh the benefits of an item before purchasing it. It's so not me to jump right in and snap it up. In my defense, I haven't bought shoes in like a really really long time. And! My current shoes are literally falling apart. My Nose heels are peeling away at the base and I had to glue back the soles of my red flats. I desperately needed new shoes. So anyway, I saw it in the VOIR store. I don't know what magnetic force lured me in there but I fell in love with them immediately. Behold zee shoes!
Oxford shoes!! Also known as brogues, oxford shoes made a glorious comeback in Fall 2010. These babies are my very first pair. I never thought that I'd go for Oxford shoes but this pair just caught my attention. I absolutely love how it has a twist in its design - high heeled and peep-toe instead of the typical brogue style. It adds a much needed touch of feminity in it. I prefer it like this because I'm a girly girl. I don't really go for mannish dressing. It's just not me. I got mine in a greyish khaki color. I originally wanted it in black but they didn't have my size (sold out...). Then I thought, why not try another color. So I gave the khaki a shot and I loved it! It's an extremely wearable color and I can pair it easily with so many clothes. As I was not totally familiar with Oxford shoes, I did some reading on it.

Oxford shoes are actually rather versatile. But they work best when worn with bare ankles. You can pair them with skirts, shorts, leggings, thigh-high stockings, dresses or slim jeans. For jeans, you should roll up the ends to reveal some ankle. That's the golden rule of wearing Oxford shoes. There MUST be some ankle shown. They just look better that way. Therefore, you should avoid wearing these shoes with flare jeans. Baby-doll dresses are also a no no. For a more manly feel, one can pair it with a nice blazer or cardigan. For a more girly feel, you can pair it with a ruffled dress or a tank top with a simple cardigan or coat. Celebrities like Taylor Swift and Alexa Chung adore their brogues.
Don't they look fabulous?? I can't wait to try on mine. I got them at RM 63.90. It was originally priced at RM 79.90 but there was a 20% sale going on. So how could I possibly resist? I honestly feel that it's really worth it because they are so comfy and they look so friggin gorgeous! :)

Anyway, back to the shopping trip. I didn't end up getting the Etude House masks because apparently, they were all sold out! It was definitely a bummer looking at the empty shelf there. I was just so looking forward to buying them. Can't really blame Etude House though. They have a 30% sale thing going on now (who wouldn't grab em???). Most of the gals grabbed some makeup and everyone walked out happy. On the bright side, I did get my Maybelline makeup remover AND a romance novel by Amanda Quick. It's called Affair.
Now the reason why I'm so psyched about this book is because I got it for RM 6! Can you friggin believe it??? Dirt cheap! It was from a second-hand bookstore you see. It's kinda old but who cares? It's still in reasonably good shape and at RM 6, I would have grabbed a hundred more if I was still within my budget. I was smiling like an eejit when I clutched it tightly to myself (think Gollum...). Jan also got herself a romance novel at RM 4! I nearly had a coronary because it was even cheaper than mine (newer too)! Books like these usually come at RM 34.00 and above. And get this, they are written by best-selling authors! Love!! I can't wait to go on another raid in the future. Next time, I will get at least three!

After a long day of shopping, we finally ended it by having fabulous Korean dinner. I love Korean food. Spicy stuff makes me happy. And it's so healthy! No wonder Korean gals are all so slim. They eat so much vegetables. To further satisfy our taste buds, we had frozen yogurt for dessert at Tutti Frutti. It's such a great alternative to ice-cream. Not only does it taste delicious, it's also low in fat! Bonus point! We eventually went home dog-tired but happy. A wonderful day indeed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment