Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara

I used to be so lazy when it came to applying mascara. I thought the whole idea of torturing my lashes with a lash curler and then layering them with mascara was unnecessary. Thank God I have changed my lousy perspective! I've fallen in love with mascaras and they are now a staple in my makeup routine. I just love how they make my lashes appear extra longer and fuller. The result? Bigger and wider looking eyes! They really do make a huge difference.

Recently, I discovered that my Rimmel mascara (Volume Flash Instant Thickening Mascara) was running low and that it had started to dry up. What better excuse to get a new one? So I raided Watsons and got my paws on a mascara which I've been lusting over for quite some time now. It's called the Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara. I know, such a long name! It looks like this:
I must admit that the first thing that attracted me to this mascara was the packaging. I absolutely love how the tube has tiger stripes on it (sexy!). And it's a lovely combination of pink and black! I got mine in Feline Black and it's waterproof. This mascara promises:
  • 5X wild volume, without the clumping
  • 18 hour wide eye curls
  • 75 degree curl with Maybelline's unique curl lock formula
What's unique about this mascara is its brush. Check out how it's shaped like a comb instead of a regular mascara brush.
Pretty cool huh? So far, I've got nothing but raving reviews for this baby. It took a little getting use to when I used the comb-like brush at the beginning. The key is too comb your lashes from the roots up. Personally, I feel that wiggling the wand causes my lashes to clump. Combing through it, however, works wonders! I simply brush up my lashes, lifting them and going through them slowly. This brush is amazing! It really does grab onto to my lashes and separates them nicely. It also curls like it promises. My lashes stayed curled for a longer time compared to the times where I used the Rimmel mascara. Fabulous! It's always good if you curl your lashes before applying the mascara. That way, it stays curled longer.

I have two pictures here, comparing the Before and After looks.
As you can see, my lashes are definitely longer and fuller after applying the mascara. I only applied two coats of mascara though. You can always apply more coats for a stronger look. Another thing that I love about this mascara is its ability to comb through the lower lashes. As its brush is designed like a comb, it's easy peasy for me to comb through my lower lashes and...get this..NO clumping or smudging! When I had my Rimmel mascara, I usually had to be very careful when it came to the lower lashes. The brush was bigger and thicker so it was quite troublesome for me to maneuver it. Sometimes, I ended up smudging the mascara and that was always a pain in the butt.With this Maybelline mascara, I just comb through it smoothly!

The first time I tried the Cat Eyes mascara, I went to university for almost 7 hours. And when I came back, I casually checked the condition of my mascara-coated lashes. I was pleasantly surprised because there was  no fall out! No smudging also! I can't tell you how happy I was. When I used my Rimmel mascara, it usually came with some occational fall outs and smudging. I had to check my eyes frequently to make sure that I didn't have bits of mascara sticking to my face. But that's ancient history now! :)

The Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Cat Eyes Mascara retails at RM 36.90 and is available in at Watsons and Guardian outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment